[Openmcl-devel] (process-suspend *current-process*) ?

Arthur W Cater arthur.cater at ucd.ie
Thu Feb 5 04:20:12 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm running Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.2-r11687M  (DarwinPPC32) Mac OS 10.5.6.
I've just done svn update, (rebuild-ccl :force t), (require :cocoa-application).

I'm trying to implement something similar to MCL's Eval-Enqueue, using a new process with a
queue of forms, which when the queue gets empty does (process-suspend *current-process*)
The following pops up in the console window:

> Error: Suspending the current process can't work.
>        (If the documentation claims otherwise, it's incorrect.)
> While executing: PROCESS-SUSPEND, in process Eval-Queue(6).

The documentation does claim otherwise:
"A process can suspend itself; it it's successful in doing so, then it can obviously only be resumed by some other process."

I cannot find any tickets which mention process-suspend.

(I guess I should use a wait-on-semaphore instead of process-suspend, process-resume.)

Arthur