[Openmcl-devel] Lisp User Interface - time to play

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Thu Feb 5 15:51:38 UTC 2009

Glad to hear things are working, except the webkit.  I have commented
the Webkit stuff out because when trying to load the framework I get
an error:

;; from  webkit.lisp

   (objc:load-framework "WebKit" :webkit))

results in an error

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.2-r9226-RC1  (DarwinPPC32)!
 > Error: Unknown foreign type: NIL
 > While executing: %PARSE-FOREIGN-TYPE, in process Listener(6).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.
1 >

however, the error is no real consequence other that stopping the
have commented the webkit stuff out because of this. The error got
introduced in CCL 1.2

The #/ loadRequest: is wrapped up with the same

Ralph, what version of CCL are you running?

thanks,  Alex

On Feb 4, 2009, at 11:07 PM, Raffael Cavallaro wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2009, at 9:52 PM, Alexander Repenning wrote:
>> If you could have a look at the examples.lisp file (which
>> automatically opens) and eval some of the sample user interfaces.
>> Let me know if you get this to work, or why not.
> All of these work except for the WebKit examples. Even after manually
> using the webkit interface directory and manually loading the WebKit
> framework each of these examples simply opens a blank (albeit,
> correctly titled) window.
> I know that WebKit is loaded and callable from CCL because ccl/
> examples/webkit.lisp loads and ccl::browser-window works as it should.
> regards,
> Ralph
> Raffael Cavallaro, Ph.D.
> raffaelcavallaro at mac.com