[Openmcl-devel] Currency Converter Example

B Rannode brannode at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 15:20:58 PST 2009

Hello,
  I just did a fresh install of the 64bit Mac Clozure .dmg and am
having a few issues with the Currency Converter Cocoa example.

First, I cannot get it to build the application when strictly
following the instructions or using the attached example files at: http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/AppleCurrencyConverterMakingaProject

When I use my own or the included files I get:
> ? (load "currency-converter")
> > Error: Reader error on #<BASIC-FILE-CHARACTER-INPUT-STREAM
> ("example_files/currency-converter.lisp"/4 ISO-8859-1)
> #x300040EC013D>, near position 94, within "(ns:ns-obj":
> >        Reference to unknown package "NS".
> > While executing: SIGNAL-READER-ERROR, in process listener(1).

I have found that adding (require "COCOA") to the head of currency-
converter.lisp gets me beyond this step. Is that acceptable? Is my
installation flawed or is the tutorial out of date?

Next, when building the application:
> ? (require "build-application")
> "build-application"
> ("builder-utilities" "build-application")
> ? (ccl::build-application :name "CurrencyConverter"
> 	:main-nib-name "CurrencyConverter"
> 	:nibfiles '(#P"CurrencyConverter.nib"))
> ;; Clozure terminates
> $

I can run the Application bundle and it does convert, but I get a
console with the error message found at: http://paste.lisp.org/display/72922

Does anything stick out here to anyone? I have programmed in Obj-C++ w/
Cocoa before but it is not immediately clear to me what needs
correction here.

Thanks for any insight into these issues.