[Openmcl-devel] Floating point precision

Sudhir Shenoy sshenoy at gol.com
Sat Jan 17 05:18:53 PST 2009

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but is there any way (CL standard
or CCL specific) to make all floating point computations in double
precision? I.e., to ensure that (sqrt 1/3) will return the same value
as (sqrt 1/3.0d0) by default (without having to do (sqrt (coerce 1/3
'double-float))?

I have tried web searches and can't find an answer to this question so
I suspect that there is no standard way but would be grateful if
someone can point me to even a CCL-specific method.

Thanks
Sudhir