[Openmcl-devel] Floating point precision

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Wed Jan 21 06:23:02 PST 2009

A happy compromise may be to set *read-default-float-format* to double
and to edit your int constants to be in single float format, e.g.,
"2.0" At least you would not have to append the "d0" to each constant
value which I agree would look a tad ugly.

On Jan 17, 2009, at 7:18 PM, Sudhir Shenoy wrote:

>  I now
> have to go through the code and ensure that all constants are affixed
> with 'd0' even where they are exact integers because of the danger of
> intermediate results losing precision if these constants are passed to
> math functions ...

Prof. Alexander Repenning

University of Colorado
Computer Science Department