[Openmcl-devel] Core Animation demo

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Tue Jul 7 14:35:22 PDT 2009

On Jul 7, 2009, at 2:24 PM, Neil Baylis wrote:

> The mac mini has a poor graphics card, but if that were the problem I
> think it would affect the objc version as well. What is your machine?

Maybe it's the graphics card. I'm running on a Macbook Pro 2.4GHz
core2 duo, but during the drag I'm only seeing < 10% CPU usage. Core
Animation is one of those frameworks that punts to the cpu when the
gpu isn't up to it. I'm guessing you're seeing significantly higher
cpu usage by ccl during the drag, no?

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro