[Openmcl-devel] How do I find the revision number that I'm running?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Jul 22 00:44:39 PDT 2009

On Tue, 21 Jul 2009, Ron Garret wrote:

> Once upon a time the trunk would display its version number in its
> banner message.  Now it just says "Version 1.4-dev".  How do I figure
> out which version I'm running? 'svn status' doesn't do it.

When you built the lisp, the "svnversion" program couldn't be found on
your search path or generated an error; I don't know which or why.
The lisp hasn't changed.

> BTW, CCL seems to have lost its unicode awareness in the latest version:

Either that, or you accidentally inserted a control character before or
after the lambda.  (NAME-CHAR of a string of length 1 is the 0th element
of the string in CCL; the error suggests that NAME-CHAR tried to find
a character named by a longer string.)

(The Cocoa text system has options - somewhere in NSLayoutManager, IIRC) -
that enables the display of control and otherwise invisible characters;
being able to toggle those options on and off would be useful in debugging
things like this.)