[Openmcl-devel] Calling STRETs without SEND

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Tue Jun 2 09:41:23 PDT 2009

Following an recent admonition that SEND is deprecated, I've been
converting all my old code to call ObjC methods directly using the #/
reader macro.  However, this doesn't seem to work for STRET calls, e.g.:

(ccl::slet ((event-location (#/locationInWindow event)) ...

gives me:

 > Error: Unrecognized STRET call in (NEXTSTEP-FUNCTIONS:|
locationInWindow| EVENT)
 > While executing: CCL::SLETIFY, in process Listener(7).

while:

(ccl::slet ((event-location (send event 'location-In-Window)) ...

works.

The examples in the manual also use SEND.

What is the proper way to call STRETs?

rg