[Openmcl-devel] Scribble demo

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Wed Jun 3 10:02:56 PDT 2009

On Jun 3, 2009, at 2:41 AM, Ron Garret wrote:

>  It's a useful example, I think, because it's very small, self-
> contained, and illustrates a lot of major UI concepts, including
> drawing and event handling.

a few more minor notes:

- use :<BOOL> for objective-c BOOL rather than :boolean and you'll
avoid the warning about introducing the ambiguity wrt existing
acceptsFirstResponder methods.

- (declare (ignore  for a couple of unused formal parameters.

- a test method for memory leaks:

(defun scribble-window-memory-test (n)
   (dotimes (x n)
     (let* ((w (gui::execute-in-gui (lambda ()
                                      (make-scribble-window)))))
       (sleep (/ internal-time-units-per-second))
       (gui::execute-in-gui (lambda () (#/close w))))))

with all these and previously suggested changes attached below.

warmest regards,

Ralph