[Openmcl-devel] Scribble demo

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Thu Jun 4 06:40:25 PDT 2009

perhaps this is a version problem but my scribble window does not do
anything:

in listener:

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.3-r11936  (DarwinPPC32)!

;Compiler warnings :
;   In LABEL inside an anonymous lambda form: Unused lexical variable V
;Compiler warnings :
;   In (VIEW-DRAW-CONTENTS (SCRIBBLE-VIEW)) inside an anonymous lambda
form: Unused lexical variable RECT
; Warning: previously declared methods on #1="acceptsFirstResponder"
all had the same type signature, but #<OBJC-METHOD-INFO -[ScribbleView
#1#] #x897DE96> introduces ambiguity
; While executing: CCL::%DECLARE-OBJC-METHOD, in process Listener(6).

then when clicking in AltConsole:

 > Error: #<PARSE-UNKNOWN-TYPE unknown type (@METACLASS ScribbleView)>
 > While executing: CCL::CHECK-NS-EXCEPTION, in process Initial(0).
 > Error: #<PARSE-UNKNOWN-TYPE unknown type (@METACLASS ScribbleView)>
 > While executing: CCL::CHECK-NS-EXCEPTION, in process Initial(0).
 > Error: #<PARSE-UNKNOWN-TYPE unknown type (@METACLASS ScribbleView)>
 > While executing: CCL::CHECK-NS-EXCEPTION, in process Initial(0).
 > Error: #<PARSE-UNKNOWN-TYPE unknown type (@METACLASS ScribbleView)>
 > While executing: CCL::CHECK-NS-EXCEPTION, in process Initial(0).

etc.

Alex

On Jun 3, 2009, at 12:41 AM, Ron Garret wrote:

> After much hair pulling and gnashing of teeth I finally got a bunch
> of basic demos working, including this one which implements a little
> scribble window.  It's a useful example, I think, because it's very
> small, self-contained, and illustrates a lot of major UI concepts,
> including drawing and event handling.  It's still rough, probably
> leaks a lot of memory, but it works.
>
> I can also happily report that although I became very intimate with
> the altConsole while working on this code, in the final analysis
> none of the problems I encountered turned out to be problems with
> CCL.  It's not quite ready to unleash on newbies, but for semi-
> experienced coders I'd say CCL is ready for prime time.  I'm
> probably switching from Python back to Lisp for my next project.
> Woohoo!
>
> rg
>
> <scribble.lisp>

Prof. Alexander Repenning