[Openmcl-devel] Swank listener startup preference seems not to work

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Jun 4 21:58:21 PDT 2009

The code in the trunk IDE for setting up a swank listener is a work in progress;
one of the primary goals of that work is to provide a way for the event thread
to do I/O (for debugging) to something that's a little more lisp-aware and
less clunky (and potentially more featureful) than the AltConsole window.

That idea might or might not pan out (hopefully it will); until it
does, whatever (perhaps preliminary) code is there to support that
will likely change from day to day.

Mikel Evins has been doing this work and would have a clearer
understanding of where things stand than I do, but I believe that it's
currently at or very near the point where there's no need to build
Slime as part of the IDE build process.