[Openmcl-devel] mouse-enter and mouse-leave events

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sun Jun 7 02:22:19 PDT 2009

See
<http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/EventOverview/MouseTrackingEvents/MouseTrackingEvents.html>.
The short version is that mouse-tracking events are generated when the
mouse enters or leaves a "tracking area" (10.5) or "tracking rect"
(earlier systems) which requires some work to set up and possibly some
work to maintain but potentially offers greater flexibility than
"mouse entered/left view" would.