[Openmcl-devel] modify lisp reader

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 07:28:29 PDT 2009

Taoufik,

you may be interested in
http://darcs.informatimago.com/darcs/public/lisp/common-lisp/reader.lisp
- It is a GPL'ed implementation of the Common Lisp reader.  If you use
that instead of hacking CCL's internals, you may end up with a
portable solution.

The CL reader, albeit being somewhat extensible, is really not meant
to be flexible enough for implementing sandboxes, source code
processors and the like.  You will always have to resort to
non-portable hacks, and the lack of a specification for that kind of
things makes such hacks inherently risky (i.e. you need to completely
understand all of the reader to make sure that no escape paths exist).

-Hans