[Openmcl-devel] User contributions

Terje Norderhaug terje at in-progress.com
Thu Jun 11 16:31:10 PDT 2009

On Jun 10, 2009, at 3:33 AM, Gail Zacharias wrote:
> We have added a "ccl:contrib;" directory to CCL for distributing
> user-contributed software.  It's in the trunk and will be included
> starting with the next release.
>
> To contribute, you can send your file (or zipped up directory) to
> openmcl-devel clearly saying that you want it to go into the CCL
> contrib directory.  Better yet, ask for write access to the
> subversion repository and add it yourself -- that way you can also
> update it as needed.

MCL have a rich library of user contributions/libraries on the CD
distributions that we all could benefit from having updated for
compatibility Clozure CL. I'll port the relevant ones of mine, but
there are many for which the original developer is long gone. Perhaps
this could be an opportunity for say students on summer break to make
a name in the Common LISP developer community, placing literally your
mark on CCL contributions to be used for many years to come without
having to start from scratch?

-- Terje Norderhaug