[Openmcl-devel] User contributions

Dan Weinreb dlw at itasoftware.com
Wed Jun 17 11:57:54 PDT 2009

Ron Garret wrote:

>  It should not be this hard to make a guardian.  In fact, at this
> point I still don't know a way to do it that actually works in a
> compiled file in CCL.
What's a guardian?

That is, what are you actually trying to do here?

It looks like you are trying to establish an object
that you know will be distinct from any object
that is produced by any future call to read,
and you want to give it a global name, and
you want to make sure that a compile-time
error will happen if there is any attempt
to set or bind that name.  Is that the goal?

-- Dan