[Openmcl-devel] hash key on UK mac keyboards

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Thu Jun 18 07:21:47 PDT 2009

[Sorry, this may be not appropriate for this list: I would ask on IRC
but have given up on Mac IRC clients for now...]

Hi, I have a mac with a UK keyboard, and I'm using 1.3 but not fetched
by SVN (the IDE-building instructions did not work for me so I just
fetched the ftpable one). To type hash on one of these, you say
option-3. (shift-3 is pound-sign).  Of course, you can't type this if
the IDE is set up to bind option to meta, and not being able to type
hash is fairly annoying in CL.  And of course, not having a meta key
is also pretty irritating.

I think that the answer is probably to work out how to bind shift-3 to
insert a hash, and I can probably do that.  But it's a very (*very*)
long time since I used Hemlock, so if anyone else has seen this
problem and can assist me being lazy, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

--tim