[Openmcl-devel] Debugging threads

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Thu Jun 18 13:08:42 PDT 2009

What is ostensibly the current state of thread debugging?  When I get
an error in a thread I get a message like this in the altconsole:

;;;
;;; #<PROCESS Show text(33) [Active] #x946A706> requires access to
Shared Terminal Input
;;; Type (:y 33) to yield control to this thread.
;;;

but when I follow the instructions nothing happens.  I can inspect the
thread through the Tools->Processes menu, but I can't figure out how
to get a backtrace.

Is this the way things are or am I doing something wrong?  If the
former, is there already a ticket on this or should I file one?  I
find it hard to believe that I'm the first person to want to get a
backtrace on a thread.

rg