[Openmcl-devel] User contributions

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Fri Jun 19 07:51:03 PDT 2009

I am not quite sure what the problem is but just in case you do need
an UUID (from memory.lisp in XMLisp) here is a simple OS X way to do
this:

;;______________________________________________________________
;; Universally Unique Identifier (UUID)                         |
;; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universally_Unique_Identifier   |
;;_____________________________________________________________/

(defun UNIVERSALLY-UNIQUE-IDENTIFIER () "
   Return an Universally Unique Identifier (UUID). An UUID is an
identifier standard
   used in software construction, standardized by the Open Software
Foundation (OSF) as
   part of the Distributed Computing Environment (DCE)"
   (ccl::lisp-string-from-nsstring (#_CFUUIDCreateString (%null-ptr)
(#_CFUUIDCreate (%null-ptr)))))

On Jun 17, 2009, at 8:57 PM, Dan Weinreb wrote:

> It looks like you are trying to establish an object
> that you know will be distinct from any object
> that is produced by any future call to read,
> and you want to give it a global name, and
> you want to make sure that a compile-time
> error will happen if there is any attempt
> to set or bind that name.  Is that the goal?

Prof. Alexander Repenning

University of Colorado
Computer Science Department
Boulder, CO 80309-430