[Openmcl-devel] Hunchentoot and CCL on Windows XP

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Fri Mar 27 20:10:14 PDT 2009

On Mar 19, 2009, at 5:43 PM, Sean Ross wrote:

> On 19 Mar 2009, at 17:46, Gary Byers wrote:
>
>> If I wasn't clear: the bug's in CCL on Windows (we should
>> either implement the timeouts correctly or ignore them),
>> not in Edi's code.
>

> Thanks, yes I did understand that but was hoping to submit a patch
> which would not attempt
> to set the read/write timeouts for the CCL/Windows combination.
>
> Is there a way to detect a lack of support for timeouts, I know it's a
> long shot but a patch which
> would gracefully degrade when CCL was patched would be a great thing.

I saw your blog post on Planet Lisp about a workaround you found for
this CCL bug and hunchentoot.

This bug (Windows I/O timeouts) was fixed in svn about a week ago, in
both the trunk and in the 1.3 release branch.

If you'll svn update and do (rebuild-ccl :clean t), the workaround
will no longer be required.

http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/UpdatingFromSource
http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/WindowsNotes