[Openmcl-devel] Cocoa on PPC32 ?

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Fri May 1 12:53:06 PDT 2009

On May 1, 2009, at 7:31 AM, Steve Núñez wrote:

> Thanks. A fresh tarball download has solved the Cocoa problem
> however this same fresh checkout fails a full rebuild. The pre-built
> IDE runs fine, I'm trying to work through the Cocoa GUI examples.
> This is running 10.4.11:
>
> administrators-ibook-g4:~/Illation/Development/Applications/ccl admin
> $ ./dppccl
> Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.3-r11936  (DarwinPPC32)!
> ? (rebuild-ccl :full t)
> Rebuilding Clozure Common Lisp using Version 1.3-r11936  (DarwinPPC32)
> ;Building lisp-kernel ...
> > Error: Error(s) during kernel compilation.

To see what the errors are, cd to ccl/lisp-kernel/darwinppc and type
"make".

I hesitate to mention it, but note that you need to have the Xcode
tools installed in order to build the lisp kernel.  I believe that
Xcode 2.5 is the recommended version for 10.4 systems. (That's what
I've got installed on my Tiger/ppc32 system anyway.)