[Openmcl-devel] (SETF FIND-CLASS)

Leslie P. Polzer sky at viridian-project.de
Wed May 6 09:18:10 PDT 2009

Gary Byers wrote:

> We'd probably both agree that anyone who does something like:
>
> (defmethod class-direct-superclasses ((class (eql (find-class 'pathological))))
>    17)
>
> deserves whatever happens, and we can only hope that whatever happens
> happens at fairly high safety.  I can't see any more reason to be concerned
> about the effects of a non-extending specialization of CLASS-NAME: even
> if a case like your example is probably relatively benign, it's just "not
> what CLASS-NAME is supposed to do."

I'm not sure I agree to the first part (because we should at least
warn users who do something like that), but let's put it at rest
until someone actually comes up with a pathological case like this.

As for the original matter I'm going to extend %DEFTYPE in the
straight-forward way, write a test for it and wrap it up.

  Leslie

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/polzer