[Openmcl-devel] Using OpenMCL with Aquamacs + Slime doesn't work

Daniel Dickison danieldickison at gmail.com
Fri May 8 12:31:21 PDT 2009

I can say for sure that the latest CCL 1.3 from SVN with the latest
SLIME from CVS and Aquamacs 1.7 definitely works for me, on an Intel
Mac (64-bit).

I have slime checked out to ~/src/slime, and I have this in my
Aquamacs Preferences.el file:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/slime")
(require 'slime)
(set-language-environment "UTF-8")
(setq slime-net-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)
(slime-setup '(slime-fancy slime-xref-browser))

I normally start swank from the command line and connect to it from
Aquamacs, and the shell script I have for starting swank looks like:

ccl -l "$HOME/src/slime/swank-loader.lisp" \
     -e '(swank-loader:init :load-contribs t)' \
     -e '(swank:create-server :coding-system "utf-8")' \
     $@

It took me a while to figure out the :load-contribs t thing, but it
seems to be necessary.

Let me know if these don't work for you.  I've tackled setting up CCL
and SLIME on all sorts of ancient to new Macs so I can hopefully
help.  Including the backtrace from the error you encounter would help
narrow it down.

Daniel