[Openmcl-devel] encodings

Joakim Sandgren info at joakimsandgren.com
Mon May 18 20:08:26 UTC 2009

You showed me how to set the *default-file-character-encoding* and
also the *default-external-format*...
As Gary showed me the Macintosh encoding works well for my accents and
it does.
So I put Macintosh as my default encoding.
If I want to open a file, the Macintosh is preselected.
If I open a Macintosh encoded file and the take save as, the Macintosh
encoding are pre-selected in that dialog.
If I do a new file it has the encoding "automatic".
When I save this new document for the first time it is "Automatic"
encoding that is preselected.
There I choose Macintosh, and I save this document as a Macintosh
encoded file.
When I open it, it is still Macintosh encoded.
I can evaluate, selected parts of the file with enter. But not I
cannot use the Execute all... command in the menu or load the file
with Load File.. in the menu.

If I load this file by using Load File... or Execute All I have :

 > Error: "MACINTOSH" is not the name of a known characer encoding.
 > While executing: MAKE-EXTERNAL-FORMAT, in process Listener(15).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options.
1 >

I tried to put the external format to MACOS but it didn't have any

Could someone enlighten me how to do?

Very Sincerely

Joakim Sandgren
joakim sandgren musik