[Openmcl-devel] Trouble in paradise

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Mon May 18 13:42:23 PDT 2009

Over the weekend I reported that my initial experience with 1.3 was
favorable.  Unfortunately, subsequent explorations have not been so
good.  In particular, I've now run up half a dozen SBOD hangs.  And I
wasn't actually doing anything except playing around with the editor.
In one case, the system hung while I was editing in the listener with
no other threads running.

The reason I'm posting this here is to find out if other people are
having the same experience.  Is everyone seeing these hangs, or is it
just me?  What's the prognosis for getting this fixed?  It's pretty
much a show-stopper for me.

BTW, I also identified two more items for my laundry list:

6.  Sometimes (I have not yet identified the exact circumstances under
which this happens -- it seems to be random) deleting characters
causes those characters to replace the contents of the clipboard.

7.  Because Hemlock makes such a strong operational distinction
between input and non-input areas of the buffer, it would be nice to
have the input areas colorized.

For the record, I know it's not entirely appropriate for me to post
this kind of thing to the NG.  I'm only doing it to get feedback
(maybe there's already a known fix?) before opening a ticket.

rg