[Openmcl-devel] What is the right way to tell if you're running the IDE?

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Mon May 18 19:37:35 PDT 2009

I don't believe that anything called "ccl-cocoa-init.lisp" has ever
been loaded by any version of the IDE; we've had a longstanding
ticket to the effect that an IDE-specific init file should be loaded,
but I just started to address that in the trunk a week or so ago
and haven't closed the ticket.

There are several ad hoc ways to tell (somewhat reliably) if you're
running in the IDE or not, but you're right that there should be a
single, reliable, advertised way.  Note that it'd still be awkward
to say (in your ~/ccl-init.lisp file)

(if (reliable-way-of-determining-if-running-under-IDE)
   (progn

and you'd have to do something like (EVAL (READ-FROM-STRING "(HI::...")).