[Openmcl-devel] What is the right way to tell if you're running the IDE?

Waldek Hebisch hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl
Tue May 19 02:24:05 PDT 2009

Greg Pfeil wrote:
> On 18 May 2009, at 22:37, Gary Byers wrote:
>
> > There are several ad hoc ways to tell (somewhat reliably) if you're
> > running in the IDE or not, but you're right that there should be a
> > single, reliable, advertised way.  Note that it'd still be awkward
> > to say (in your ~/ccl-init.lisp file)
> >
> > (if (reliable-way-of-determining-if-running-under-IDE)
> >   (progn
> >     (hi:: ...)
> >     (gui:...)))
> >
> > and you'd have to do something like (EVAL (READ-FROM-STRING
>
> Seems to call for :CCL-IDE in *FEATURES*.

Once you are at this please remember that beeing able to run GUI
and running GUI are different thing.  I certainly expect that
I can build GUI capable program in non-GUI environment.  And
I would expect single binary to either use GUI or text interface
based on what is available (and what is requested by user).

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch at math.uni.wroc.pl