[Openmcl-devel] My beach balls runneth over

Ron Garret ron at awun.net
Tue May 19 13:47:34 PDT 2009

On May 19, 2009, at 1:05 PM, R. Matthew Emerson wrote:

> I know it can be a lot of work, and you may not want to bother, but
> if you can come up with cases that demonstrate bugs, I'll (try to)
> fix those bugs

No problem.  The following seems to be pretty reproducible:

1.  Load Alexander Repenning's LUI package.

2.  Run the following code:

(in-package :xlui)

<application-window title="sliders">
   <column align="stretch" valign="distribute">
     <slider/>
     <slider tick-marks="50"/>
     <slider tick-marks="5"/>
   </column>
</application-window>

3.  (Optional)  Marvel at the seamless integration of XML syntax into
Lisp.

4.  Slide one of the sliders.  The AltConsole should start up and
display a bunch of output.  Close the window and slide the slider
again.  The result should be the SBOD until you manually re-open the
AltConsole.  That should unwedge it.  However...

5.  Observe that your listener window is now scrolling veeeeerrrryyyy
slooooowwwwlllly.

6.  Close the listener and open a new one.  Observe that the previous
slowness is gone.  (In the past this step as also sometimes landed me
in the kernel debugger, but right now I can't reproduce that.)

rg