[Openmcl-devel] check-for-updates not functioning (was Visual bugs in the IDE)

John McAleely john at mcaleely.com
Thu May 21 04:15:25 PDT 2009

> ? (run-program "svn" (list "info" "/Applications/ccl/") :output t)

I evaluated this at the listener in the IDE and got:

#<EXTERNAL-PROCESS (svn info /Applications/ccl/)[9818] (EXITED : 71)
#x300041D1B4ED>

and no other output.

(getenv "PATH")

produces:

"/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"

Typing svn info at the console inside /Applications/ccl produces:

Repository Root: http://svn.clozure.com/publicsvn/openmcl
Repository UUID: 8bdb8f1d-59ce-db11-9e41-0016172a54ae
Revision: 12103
Node Kind: directory
Schedule: normal
Last Changed Author: gb
Last Changed Rev: 11870
Last Changed Date: 2009-03-31 11:54:52 +0100 (Tue, 31 Mar 2009)

and 'which svn' reveals that it is not on the path noted above:

/usr/local/bin/svn

I've certainly installed newer versions of svn on this machine than
come with OSX, and I'm aware that a bazaar plugin has probably
installed (or depends on) some other version of svn on this machine.