[Openmcl-devel] Cocoa IDE support on Tiger

Brian Mastenbrook brian at mastenbrook.net
Fri May 29 05:57:15 PDT 2009

On May 29, 2009, at 6:55 AM, Kristian Bredin wrote:

> There could be other reasons for wanting to keep Tiger compatibility,
> such as "I just upgraded to Tiger" (which is true in my case -I'm a
> bit late mainly due to lack of cash). And I _still_ need Classic,
> because I can't upgrade to the recent version of app "x" and "y"
> because of...ahem...lack of cash...
>
> Any empty beer cans to spare, anyone? ;)
>
> Kristian

I do hope you're not planning on connecting your Tiger system to the
internet after the Snow Leopard release. Apple doesn't issue security
updates for anything but the current and previous versions of the OS.
There are some pretty significant issues with OS X security,
especially in the browser, so it'd be a good idea to disconnect all
Tiger systems upon 10.6's release.

This also makes it reasonable to me to drop Tiger support when Snow
Leopard arrives. And if the current trunk version of CCL is planned
for stable release after the Snow Leopard release, it seems reasonable
to me to drop Tiger support in trunk immediately.
--
Brian Mastenbrook
brian at mastenbrook.net
http://brian.mastenbrook.net/