[Openmcl-devel] versions differ: 2009-03-09 (slime) vs. 2009-11-03 (swank). Continue? (y or n)

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Tue Nov 3 13:54:02 PST 2009

"Mark H. David" <mhd at yv.org> writes:

> In Xemacs, having just done an 'cvs up' in my SLIME directory, I now get
> the following when I start Lisp (using M-x slime).
>
>   versions differ: 2009-03-09 (slime) vs. 2009-11-03 (swank). Continue?
> (y or n)
>
> I think things work out OK if I just say 'y', and proceed.  But this is
> a bit of a pain.
>
> Anyone having clues as to how resolve this?  I'd appreciate hearing from
> them.

(This is the wrong place to ask that question.)

It does _not_ always work out OK if you just say `y' here. It depends on
whether there were "protocol" changes between the Emacs and the Lisp
side.

The way to resolve is to restart your Emacs instance. Might make sense
for the Slime people to add an M-x slime-reload command which reloads
the Emacs side.

  -T.