[Openmcl-devel] user-defined loop paths

Samium Gromoff _deepfire at feelingofgreen.ru
Tue Nov 17 22:14:01 PST 2009

From: Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info>
> Mark H. David wrote:
>> What's the deal with user-defined loop paths in Common Lisp generally?
>> How about in Clozure CL?
>
> I don't know much about this in loop, but iterate certainly offers them.
>  We have recently moved away from loop towards iterate, as much as
> possible....

On a slight tangent, is there a perception that iterate could replace
loop in the "next CL"?

Speaking of its problems, ISTR somebody speaking about certain issues
arising from the frivolousness with which iterate macroexpands stuff
while walking its body.

What do people think about it all?

regards,
  Samium Gromoff