[Openmcl-devel] user-defined loop paths

Mark H. David mhd at yv.org
Wed Nov 18 21:23:42 PST 2009

Thanks!  OK, I see.  The source code doc there says:

;;; The design of this LOOP is intended to permit, using mostly the same
;;; kernel of code, up to three different "loop" macros:
;;;
;;; (1) The unextended, unextensible ANSI standard LOOP;
;;;
;;; (2) A clean "superset" extension of the ANSI LOOP which provides
;;; functionality similar to that of the old LOOP, but "in the style of"
;;; the ANSI LOOP.  For instance, user-definable iteration paths, with a
;;; somewhat cleaned-up interface.
;;;
;;; (3) Extensions provided in another file which can make this LOOP
;;; kernel behave largely compatibly with the Genera-vintage LOOP macro,
;;; with only a small addition of code (instead of two whole, separate,
;;; LOOP macros).

(1) answers one of my questions, i.e., ANSI standard LOOP is not extensible.

My question now: where's there any doc for the extension functionality here?

OR: where's the file with extensions referred to in (3)?  If I had that,
I could
presumably use the old Lisp Machine Manual's documentation, e.g., online
here:

http://common-lisp.net/project/bknr/static/lmman/looptm.xml

Thanks!!

Mark