[Openmcl-devel] Error: can't dump a typed pointer, building IDE

John McAleely john at mcaleely.com
Thu Oct 8 12:27:39 PDT 2009

I've just upgraded my Mac to Snow leopard. It's possible that is the
cause of the problem I'm reporting, but the error seems odd for that.

When rebuilding the IDE from a script with this command:

         echo "(require 'cocoa-application)" | ccl -n

I get:

1 > Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.4-dev-r12925M-trunk
(DarwinX8632)!
? ;Compiling "/Applications/ccl/cocoa-ide/cocoa-utils.lisp"...
;Compiling "/Applications/ccl/cocoa-ide/cocoa-defaults.lisp"...
;Compiling "/Applications/ccl/cocoa-ide/cocoa-prefs.lisp"...
 > Error: Can't dump typed pointer #<A Null Foreign Pointer>
 > While executing: FASL-SCAN-DISPATCH, in process listener(1).
 > Type :POP to abort, :R for a list of available restarts.
 > Type :? for other options

The same diagnostic is produced by the 64 bit version.

The same script was building ccl @ r12921M fine, but that was
yesterday on Leopard...

Have I broken my install during my upgrade, or is there a bug in the
trunk? (Rebuilding ccl & its kernel seems to go well on my machine)