[Openmcl-devel] DEFSTRUCT and :INCLUDE

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Wed Oct 14 10:59:20 PDT 2009

On 14 Oct 2009, at 17:50, Alexander Repenning wrote:

> just curious, why even still use defstruct and not just CLOS. If one
> does not need byte aligned data for low level data structures or to
> squeeze out the last nano second for accessor is there some
> compelling reason to even keep using CL structs?

I don' t know really.  I use both.  I think if I just want some thing
with slots I can see easily and I don't want to make it much more
complicated than that I use a DEFSRUCT, while if I want something
which might be more complex I use DEFCLASS.  if you get it right you
can generally replace something defined with DEFSTRUCT by something
defined with DEFCLASS and not know.

--tim