[Openmcl-devel] Compiler warnings

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at me.com
Fri Oct 16 11:52:59 PDT 2009

On Oct 16, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Taoufik Dachraoui wrote:

> but is this normal? I got this issue while defining a function with
> defun and got the warning on one of the parameters of the function.

Welcome to Clozure Common Lisp Version 1.4-dev-r13018M-trunk
(DarwinX8664)!
? (defun foo (x)
     (* x 3))
FOO
?

i.e., I get no warning. All the warnings you've shown us so far are
because you're invoking unspecified behavior by setfing an undeclared
variable. Most implementations will obligingly do the equivalent of
defvar if you setf an undeclared variable, but the standard does not
require them to.

Just get in the habit of doing:

? (defparameter a 3)

and you'll get no warnings: