[Openmcl-devel] Contrib: syntax-styling

Glen Foy lisp at clairvaux.org
Sat Oct 17 15:46:16 PDT 2009

Contrib: syntax-styling

This is an abbreviated version of a Fred syntax-styling utility.

Hemlock currently uses temporary text attributes, so styling is
limited to color, and underlining.  I've added capitalization.  You
can't mix fonts, font sizes, and font styles the way you could with
Fred.

There's no preference dialog and only one built-in style.  To develop
your own style, hack the parameters at the top of syntax-styling-
specials.lisp.

You'll need a newer Mac to use this.  Cocoa-Hemlock is shaping up to
be a very capable Lisp editor, but it is just not as fast as old
Fred.  This runs okay on a Core 2 Duo Mac Mini, 2.0 GHz, 4 GB.

If we get full font support with persistent text attributes, I'll see
if it's possible to port the complete Fred utility, which does more
styling than any reasonable human being would ever want.  This utility
does a pretty decent job, though.  Maybe if I add a preference dialog,
this will be sufficient.  This is beta.

To give it a try:

cd ccl/contrib/
svn update