[Openmcl-devel] Compiler warnings

Taoufik Dachraoui taoufik.dachraoui at wanadoo.fr
Sun Oct 18 11:38:31 PDT 2009

On Oct 18, 2009, at 8:30 PM, Tim Bradshaw wrote:

> On 18 Oct 2009, at 19:19, Taoufik Dachraoui wrote:
>
>> As a beginner how do I guess the behavior of SETF when I learned
>> from the specs
>> that there is three kinds of symbols: dynamic, lexical and constant.
>
> If you've learnt that from the spec, you've presumably read closely
> enough to understand that SETF at top-level is undefined.  In other
> words, you can't guess the behaviour.

Obviously, when I tried (SETF X 1) at top level it worked so I assumed
that X is a dynamic
variable and that is the origin of my surprise when the compiler
complained when I run POP.
I thought that I have found somthing that I need to understand when I
tried CMUCL and the
compiler did not complain (but CMUCL raises a warning when I run SETF
at top-level
that declares the variable as special).

Taoufik