[Openmcl-devel] Compiler warnings

Tobias C. Rittweiler tcr at freebits.de
Wed Oct 21 01:52:50 PDT 2009

Ron Garret <ron at flownet.com> writes:

> >  So I don't agree that the CMUCL behavior is the only reasonable
> > thing to do.
>
> It is *if* you want to strictly adhere to the spec.  But if you want
> to say that strictly adhering to the spec is not a reasonable thing to
> do then I would be the first to agree with you.

I'm on Ron's side but I think this should be worded slightly differently
so people don't have a problem to agree with it. (It's always
problematic to feel how the Conformance flag is waved over one's head.)

CMUCl behaviour is the only reasonable thing to do if you want to solve
the matter _with means the standard provide_.

As the consequences are undefined, implementations may conformingly
grab for means outside the standard.

  -T.