[Openmcl-devel] Compiler warnings

Tim Bradshaw tfb at tfeb.org
Wed Oct 21 02:15:31 PDT 2009

On 19 Oct 2009, at 22:52, james anderson wrote:

> is there some use case which argues against such strictness?

Yes.  It's really a pain to use such implementations.  I want a top-
level which just lets me store things in ad-hoc variables.  I
*definitely* do not want that to involve declaring a whole load of
global special variables (usually with names like "X" and "Y" which I
also use in function arguments and so on, and which thus cause obscure
and hard-to-reproduce bugs in code).

I use Lisp because I want an environment which helps me, not one which
gets in my way.  Having to declare everything in a conversatational
environment is just a huge pain.