[Openmcl-devel] process-run-function and "dynamic vs lexical"

james anderson james.anderson at setf.de
Thu Oct 22 11:27:10 PDT 2009

[something makes me wonder, that's mr dachraoui may just be testing.]

On 2009-10-22, at 19:58 , Daniel Weinreb wrote:

> Taoufik,
>
> Just to make sure this was clear, the difference
> between the two examples isn't whether funcall
> per se is being used; the difference is what thread
> the closure is run in.  The first example runs the
> closure in another process.  The symbol f
> is intepreted as a dynamic variable, and it sees
> the global value, rather than 3, because the value 3
> is specific to the main thread, and does not apply
> to the newly-created thread.  Bindings of dynamic
> varaibles apply only to the thread in which they
> were bound.

the thread issue is a red-herring.
cf issues re special variables and scheduler predicates.

? (funcall (let ((x 2) (y 3))
              (labels ((f () (format t "~%@~s: x=~A y=~A~%" *current-
process* x y)))
                (ccl:process-run-function "test" #'f)