[Openmcl-devel] Problems with openMCL slime and Aquamacs (Mac OS X)

R. Matthew Emerson rme at clozure.com
Fri Oct 23 19:37:09 UTC 2009

On Oct 23, 2009, at 11:12 AM, Philippe Sismondi wrote:

> I am running OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. I re-installed all relevant
> pieces (Aquamacs, slime, and openMCL/ccl today to make sure I am up to
> date. This did not help. I get the same problems whether I use 32- or
> 64-bit versions of ccl.
> I have this version of ccl/openmcl:
> 	ccl: Version 1.3-r11936

That's the original 1.3 release binary, which is about 6 months old.
It's probably worthwhile to update your lisp;  there's no guarantee
that this will solve your problem, but it's one less thing to worry

Try running "svn up" inside your ccl directory, and then start up ccl
and evaluate (rebuild-ccl :full t).

Since you're on 10.6, please ensure that you have the optional Xcode
10.4 support installed.  (You might need to re-run the Xcode installer
to do this.)

See also http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/UpdatingFromSource

As an alternative, you could try using the CCL 1.4 pre-release.  See http://trac.clozure.com/openmcl/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.4
  for instructions on how to install that.