[Openmcl-devel] Release co, update, build - again...

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Sat Oct 24 16:00:21 PDT 2009

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009, Jon S. Anthony wrote:

> OK, this is FC5 (only about 2 1/2 years ago...), which may be (somewhat
> surprisingly to me) too old.

If I'm doing the math right, it's about 3 1/2 years old.  "old" is of
course a relative term; IIRC, the x8632/Linux port of CCL started coming
up in summer/fall of 2008.  If the lisp had been around when the name
changes occurred, we'd have probably done something to work around them.

> I would guess that if I simply included your version into the ldt.h
> file, it would "just work".  Then again, is there really any need to
> recompile the kernel anyway???

There have definitely been some bug fixes in the kernel since 1.3 was
released.