[Openmcl-devel] how to access non NS classes

Alexander Repenning ralex at cs.colorado.edu
Fri Oct 30 22:50:34 PDT 2009

There is a really handy class to get images from the build in camera
called IKPictureTaker class

http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/GraphicsImaging/Reference/IKImagePicker_Class/IKImagePicker_Reference.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40004670-CH3-743333

I cannot access it.

   (ccl:use-interface-dir :quartz)
   (open-shared-library "/System/Library/Frameworks/Quartz.framework/
Versions/A/Frameworks/ImageKit.framework/ImageKit"))

seems to find something

but

ns::IK-Picture-Taker , i.e., the class, is not bound

ImageKit is part of Quartz which is part of the x86 headers. Could
this be a version problem? IKPictureTaker is available in Mac OS X
v10.5 and later. Strangely, the methods of IKImagePicker are
available, e.g., (#/
popUpRecentsMenuForView:withDelegate:didEndSelector:contextInfo:  ...)

I am guessing I just doing something silly when trying to access the
class but what?

Alex