[Openmcl-devel] A plug for nx1-combination-hook

Ron Garret ron at flownet.com
Mon Sep 7 12:14:51 PDT 2009

On Sep 7, 2009, at 11:57 AM, Glen Foy wrote:

> On Sep 7, 2009, at 2:42 PM, Ron Garret wrote:
>
>> I think it would be a lot like MCL's IFT.  Remember IFT?  It was
>> kind of like XCode's Interface Builder, except it was written in
>> Lisp.  A Cocoafied IFT would be a Really Cool Thing (tm).
>

> "Really Cool Thing (tm)"
>
> Rats!  I was going to go for that trademark ...

We can discuss licensing.  My fees are reasonable.  :-)

> An IFT would be great.  But I'm thinking we need a fully developed
> EasyGUI to do that.  MCL's simple view system was a great strength.
> Most of us hate GUI programming and want a simple reliable system.

Actually, I've found that Cocoa is not so bad once you get used to
it.  I think I could probably build something IFT-like in a couple of
weeks, which means someone who actually knew what they were doing
could probably crank it out in a couple of days.

rg