[Openmcl-devel] Grand Central Dispatch and CCL

Matthew D. Swank akopa at charter.net
Mon Sep 14 15:47:34 PDT 2009

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 22:19:55 -0500
"Matthew D. Swank" <akopa at charter.net> wrote:

> Can Clozure-CL interact in any meaningful way with Grand Central
> Dispatch?  Is it possible to construct blocks to be scheduled from
> Lisp using the CCL ffi?
>
> Matt

So no then...

Is the question to flawed to deserve and answer, or does no-one know?

I haven't been able to find it yet, but shouldn't there an API for
constructing blocks using the compiled runtime (e.g. Give us a function
pointer and some representation of context, and we can totally give you
a pointer to block object that can be put into the series of tubes
for scheduling).

I realize this has now become off-topic, but you guys are so smart I
thought you might know.

Matt
--
"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to
your grandmother." -- Albert Einstein.