[Openmcl-devel] [CLSQL] Slime, CLSQL, and reader macros

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Thu Apr 1 21:04:36 UTC 2010

On Thu, 1 Apr 2010, Patrick May wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2010, at 2:22 PM, Gary Byers wrote:
>> Without knowing what (FILE-ENABLE-SQL-READER-SYNTAX) does, how would anyone
>> know what the problem is ?  (I can guess that it tries to enable some reader
>> macros, but I don't know how it tries to do that.)
>> If whatever the problem is might be a bug in CCL 1.3, have you tried 1.4 to see
>> if the problem persists ?
> 	The same problem occurs in 1.4.  Why would this work with SBCL from Slime and from both from the REPL, but not from Slime with ccl64?

My best guess is that SLIME isn't using the same readtable that
FILE-ENABLE-SQL-READER-SYNTAX presumably modifies (in some mysterious,
unknown, and apparently unknowable way.)  Since still I don't know
anything about FILE-ENABLE-SQL-READER-SYNTAX, I don't know whether
that guess has anything to do with the actual problem.

Does (GET-MACRO-CHARACTER #\[) return non-NIL in the SLIME REPL ?

If that form is entered into a buffer and executed (via C-M-x or
whatever the binding is), do you obtain the same results ?