[Openmcl-devel] Crash on x64 ccl when loading weblocks

Gary Byers gb at clozure.com
Wed Dec 1 12:44:51 PST 2010

All that we can really tell from that paste is that some sort of
exception (illegal memory reference, illegal instruction, ...)
occurred while executing foreign (C) code.  I can tell (by the
value of %rip in the register display) that the foreign code
isn't in CCL's kernel, but I have no idea what shared library
it is in.

My recollection is that someone on the #ccl IRC channel ran into this
(or something very similar) a few weeks ago and that they eventually
resolved the problem by upgrading to the 1.6 release candidate (see
<http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/wiki/ReleaseNotes/1.6>, and note that
those release notes mention the fact that older versions of CL-FAD
define a conflicting version of the function CCL:DELETE-DIRECTORY.
this conflict; it's possible to safely continue at that point.