[Openmcl-devel] tagbody and go

Taoufik Dachraoui dachraoui.taoufik at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 14:02:58 PST 2010

I think that I will use a vector with body of code, and a macro, as my tests
show it is 3 times faster
than having a compiled lambdas that I funcall.

It is something like the following:
(defvar *opcode* 0)
(defvar *codes* (make-array 100 :element-type 'cons))
(defmacro run-inst ()  `,(svref *codes* *opcode*))
(setf (svref *codes* 10) '(setf r3 (+ r1 r2))) ; add
(setf (svref *codes* 20) '(setf r3 (* r1 r2))) ; mul
(setf *opcode* 10) ; addition
(run-inst)
(setf *opcode* 20) ; multiplication
(run-inst)

The tests in my previous posting show that using a vector and a macro
is 3 times faster than using compiled lambdas

Kind regards
Taoufik