[Openmcl-devel] Using Cocoa et al. strategically

Philippe Sismondi psismondi at arqux.com
Thu Feb 4 06:28:23 PST 2010

I am making great progress (according to my standards, anyway) using cocoa for gui development with ccl. Thanks to Paul Krueger and others for the jump-start.

I have a general Lisp-beginner question related to this. I'm not sure I can phrase this clearly, but here goes....

Cocoa and other OS X native frameworks and libraries go far beyond gui development. So, to what extent should one look for libraries implemented in CL rather than resorting quickly to OS X frameworks? Is one likely to step out of idiomatic CL development by treating CL as a portal to high-level native OS X stuff?

Best,

- Phil -