[Openmcl-devel] Selecting a Lisp to run in SLIME creates ugliness in Emacs menus

Donald Winiecki dwiniecki at boisestate.edu
Mon Feb 8 04:59:16 PST 2010

A few weeks ago you all helped me get CCL up and running inside SLIME on my
Ubuntu 9.10 system.  Almost immediately I noticed something visually weird
inside Emacs, but in the interest of getting some real work done I have been
trying to ignore it.

Now that some real work *has* been done, I'm allowing the aforementioned
weirdness to bother me more and more.

What I have done is inserted relevant code into my .emacs file so I can
select either CCL or SBCL to run inside SLIME.

The weirdness is that regardless which (CCL or SBCL) is selected to run
inside SLIME, once everything is running, all SLIME specific menus in Emacs
have all of their menu items duplicated -- each is listed twice in the body
of the menu.

Is this normal -- at which point I'd treat it like an ugly dog that you love
anyway -- or not?

Here is the code in my .emacs file that `makes it all possible':

 ;; The following allows one to decide which lisp to load
;; M-- M-x slime  <-- entered at the minibuffer in Emacs
(setq slime-lisp-implementations
      '((ccl ("/home/dwiniecki/ccl/scripts/ccl"))
	(sbcl ("/usr/bin/sbcl"
              "--core" "/usr/lib/sbcl/sbcl.core")
             :coding-system utf-8-unix)))

Best,